Monday, March 5, 2012

Review: Eleven Minutes by Megan Miranda

By: Megan Miranda
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release Date: January 2012
Genre/Age: YA Contemporary Novella
Pages: 28
Source: online

Fracture is told from Delaney’s perspective, and if you’ve read the first two chapters, you know that she falls through the ice in chapter one, and she wakes up 6 days later. And what happens in between – well, that’s Decker’s story.

This is the story of those eleven minutes, and the six days that follow, from his perspective. Because while it must be terrifying to be trapped under the ice, it’s a different kind of terror seeing your best friend trapped…

Especially if it’s your fault.




I absolutely loved this short little story! I adored Fracture, and I especially adored the friendship between Delaney and Decker, so getting to read about her accident from his point of view was wonderful.

I thought the way this story was written was phenomenal, and the reader was really able to get inside Decker’s head and feel everything he was feeling. He’s experiencing a lot of pain and guilt and anguish, and the format of the story portrayed that SO well. I thought I loved Decker after finishing Fracture, but Eleven Minutes made me love him so much more.

It’s not absolutely necessary to read Fracture before reading Eleven Minutes, but I’d definitely recommend it. I think it means a lot more in the context of the whole story. Plus, Fracture is amazing all by itself. :)


*You can read my review of Fracture here.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'd love to hear Decker's story, too.

    You have been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award!
    http://nijiclovers.blogspot.com/2012/03/youre-lovely.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I liked the most of this little story, is the bonding between Delaney and Decker. I could really feel the love and the friendship.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...