Sunday, October 23, 2011

In My Mailbox #21

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren that gives bloggers the opportunity to showcase the books they’ve received that week. You can learn more about it here.

So I missed last week’s IMM because I was out of town with no internet and didn’t have time to get the post ready before I left. Which means that this week it’s a gonna be a doozy!

Won:




All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin (thanks so much to Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte!)

One of the first things I always do to hardcover books is take off the jacket to see what they look like when they’re naked, so imagine my delight when this book (which is about a society where chocolate and coffee are illegal) ends up looking like a chocolate bar! SO COOL! (And slightly problematic for me because now I just want to lick it.)








For review (from Around the World ARC Tours):


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (read my review!)
Fateful by Claudia Gray
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten (read my thoughts)

I was so excited to get Shatter Me that I completely forgot to take a picture of it (*facepalm*), but the version I had was just the white ARC, so it’s not like you missed out on seeing any of the shiny goodness. And The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers unfortunately was not for me, and I ended up only reading about 60 pages. I won’t be reviewing it on here, but I’ve linked to my review on Goodreads, so you can see my thoughts if you’re interested.

Borrowed/gifted:


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

So one day I was talking to the wonderful Sarah from The Book Life on Twitter about our recent favorite contemporary novels, and when I mentioned that Statistical Probability was currently one of my most-anticipated books, she very generously offered to let me borrow her ARC! And then she threw in an extra copy of The Name of the Star just for funsies. !! This is why I love the book blogging community; everyone is so amazing! Thank you so much, Sarah!

And I read Statistical Probability in one afternoon and LOVED it. My review will be up shortly. :)

From NetGalley: (I’m too lazy right now to include pictures for all of these, so I’m linking them to Goodreads instead. :D)

Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale
Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
Fracture by Megan Miranda
Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
The Next Door Boys by Jolene B Perry
The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
Precious Bones by Mika Ashley-Hollinger
The Wednesdays by Julie Bourbeau


That’s it for my mailbox! What goodies did you get?

10 comments:

  1. I loved the name of the star!

    You've got a great selection of books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you loved Statistical Probability!! Happy to spread the book love :0) I'm really intrigued by All These Things I've Done, so I will definitely be looking out for what you think of it! Great book week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh awesome!! Want to read The Name of the Star too! Looks fabulous! You got quite the mailbox this week! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Name of the Star!! I hope you like it as much as I did :)

    check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot of great books this week. I got The Name of the Star this week too, and Statistical Probability looks like it would be really good, I will have to watch out for it.

    Here is my IMM for this week: IMM(4)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox! I just finished Name of the Star and it was great! Hope you enjoy it !

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great haul! I really want to read Name of the Star, so jealous! Happy Reading

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great group of books :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely be looking out for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith then! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha keep your tongue where it belongs :P So cool the cover underneath the dust jacket. I have the AU cover art and it's in paperback..... I want the HC now *noms book*

    SQUEEEEEE Statistical Probability!!!! I'm so happy you've read it and loved it. Oh my gosh, Hadley/Oliver <3

    Aw damn, sucks to hear The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers wasn't so great :/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...