Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday #25


“Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release (or releases) that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My picks this week:

Darkness Before Dawn
By: JA London
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: May 29, 2012

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters…

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name JA London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

Why I’m Waiting: The main reason that I’m excited for this is because JA London is a pseudonym for Rachel Hawthorne/Jade Parker/Lorraine Heath, who I LOVE. I’m a huge fan of her contemporaries especially, so I’m really excited to see what she does with a paranormal dystopian setting.


Scarlet
By: AC Gaughen
Publisher: Walker & Co
Release Date: February 14, 2012

Description:

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin – whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her – that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

Why I’m Waiting: A Robin Hood story with a female twist? YES PLEASE. I adore Robin Hood retellings and this one sounds so fantastic. Although I do wonder where Maid Marian is. I feel like she’d probably have something to say about Scarlet going after Robin. :P


What are you waiting on this week?

21 comments:

  1. Both books looks awesome. I will have to watch for them when they come out. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarlet sounds like it could be really good :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darkness Before Dawn sounds very good. I like the cover. It's so haunting! Hehe. Great choice. Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darkness before Dawn sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing; adding it to my to-read list right now. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Rachel Hawthorne was one of the authors behind the pseudonym, but not the others. Haven't read any of their books, so I'll be going into this book without expectations on how it will evolve! It sounds sooo good and I love the cover too!

    I don't think I've read any Robin Hood retellings before, but I'm loving retellings of all kinds lately, so very excited for Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can't wait for Darkness Before Dawn either I just adore the cover!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Rachel Hawthorne! I didn't know this was her and that's pretty fantastic. I also like a dystopian world where vampires are in charge, sounds pretty cool! The cover is great, too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of Darkness Before Dawn! The blurb doesn't sound to shabby either. Adding it to the list!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darkness Before Dawn sounds really good! I think I'm gonna add it to my TBR list! Great choices this week!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited for Darkness before Dawn!!

    New Follower :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darkness before Dawn has a gorgeous cover. I love girl-in-a-dress covers. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds exciting, great cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am dying to read Scarlet! And Darkness Before Dawn's cover is gorgeous!! Great picks!

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesss this one sounds so awesome!!! I found out about it last week, it looks great! Awesome pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy crap!! sounds AMAZING!!!

    here are my WOW picks. stop by?!?!
    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can not wait to read Darkness Before Dawn
    By JA London. I love the book cover and it kinda reminds me of the book covers for the "Fallen Series" by Lauren Kate as well. I haven't heard of Scarlet until now, but I will be checking it out as well. Great WoW book choices.

    New Follower & Here Is My Waiting on Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uu, Darkness before Dawn sounds amazing! Vampires winning wars, definitely goes to my TBR- pile! Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darkness before Dawn looks so so good! I'm gonna read it for sure! :) Thanks for sharing :)

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I had a really fancy funeral to go to I would steal that dress from the Darkness before DAwn cover!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...