Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #47


“Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release that we’re eagerly anticipating. Let the salivating commence.

My pick this week:

The Diviners
By: Libba Bray
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 18, 2012

Description:

Evie O’Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City – and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is that Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of “The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies.”

When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer – if he doesn’t catch her first.


Why I’m Waiting: This sounds FANTASTIC. New York City in the twenties, murder, magic? YES PLEASE. And it seems like it has the same historical fantasy feel as her Gemma Doyle trilogy, which I LOVED. Can’t wait to read this one!


What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Share in the comments and I’ll come visit!

5 comments:

  1. OOh that looks interesting! Haven't heard of that one before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, thanks for sharing :D

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Libba Bray is one of my most favorite authors! Her books really got me into YA! I'm so excited for her new series :) Great choice! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...