Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First Trailer for 'Torchwood: Miracle Day'

Okay, so this isn't book related, but I just found out about it and so I had to post something.

The first trailer for Torchwood: Miracle Day has been released!! The series premieres on Starz on July 8th and I. Can't. Wait. Getting to see this footage has just made the wait that much harder.

Here it is!

For those of you who don't know, Torchwood is a spin-off of the famous long-running British show Doctor Who. Torchwood focuses on a team of special agents that deal with extraterrestrials on earth, protecting the human race and at the same time harvesting the alien technology and finding ways to use it themselves. The show ran for two seasons and a miniseries in the UK, and now it's come to America. Both Doctor Who (which is still running) and Torchwood are amaaaaaazing - they're two of my favorite shows of all time. If you're at all into sci-fi (or even if you're not, because to be totally honest sci-fi isn't usually my go-to genre), you should definitely check them out. They're funny, clever, thought-provoking, emotional, sexy (Torchwood more so than Doctor Who) and at times heart-wrenching. I can't recommend them enough.

As excited as I am that Captain Jack is going to be back on my screen, I'm not 100% thrilled about the new American setting. One of the reasons I love these shows is because of how British they are. And they're calling it a "Starz Original Series" which also bugs me. HOWEVER, I am not going to let myself be bothered by these things, and I'm going to focus on how excited I am, and then I'll judge it after I've seen it. :D

Is anyone else a Doctor Who/Torchwood fan? How do you feel about the American makeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...