Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF #1

TGIF is hosted by the awesome Ginger at GReads

Author Love:
In 2011 which new/old authors have you discovered and loved?

Since I was so busy with school for most of 2011 so far, I've gotten waaaay behind on my reading. Because of that, my favorite authors discoveries right now are a mix of actual new discoveries and some rediscovering of authors that I haven't read for a while. I absolutely love both discovering awesome new authors, and falling in love with old ones all over again. That said, here are my picks:

Cassandra Clare - I've been aware of her ever since before the first Mortal Instruments book came out, but I never actually read any of her books until just a couple of months ago. And I devoured all of them in about a week, just in time for her newest release, City of Fallen Angels. And then I felt dumb for not reading her before because her books are AWESOME.

Holly Black - I read and fell in love with her faerie trilogy (Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside), but for some reason it took me forever to pick up White Cat. I am totally hooked on her again though, White Cat is the coolest. And it's different than anything else I've read, which is so refreshing.

Ally Condie - I just finished Matched about a week ago and I LOVED it. I think this whole dystopian craze is great, and Matched definitely holds it's own against the other novels out there. I can't wait for the sequel, Crossed, to come out in November.

Meg Cabot - Meg is my main rediscovery this year. I used to be completely obsessed with her, lost it for a while, then read Abandon and now I'm totally back. I love Greek mythology and this was such an awesome retelling. She also write the BEST swoonworthy guys. My review is here.

Who are some of your favorite authors from 2011 so far?


~ This Week's Blog Posts ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...