Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In My Mailbox #2

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi  at The Story Siren that gives book bloggers the opportunity to showcase the books they've received that week. You can learn more about it here.

Normally I'm going to try to post IMM on Sundays, but I was traveling this weekend so everything is a little off schedule right now. But no worries, better late than never, right? :)

The main excitement for me this week is that I'm now part of both NetGalley and Galley Grab, so I got a lot of e-galleys through those programs, some of which I'm SUPER excited about. But more on that later. On to the loot!

Purchased:
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
I picked this up because I've heard so many good things about it and the sequel, Shift, and I'm really excited to finally read it and find out what all the hype is about.









Borrowed:

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1) by George RR Martin
I've been meaning to read this for a while now, and the great reviews that the television series adaptation has been getting have been the motivation I needed to finally get started.








From Bookmooch:

Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick
I've heard good things about it, so when someone posted it on Bookmooch I decided to go for it. I'm discovering now that I'm hesitant to actually start reading it because the entire premise is based around cheating, so we'll see how long it takes for me to get to it.






Won on Goodreads:

I won two romance novel ARCs on Goodreads recently (The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane and The Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man by Celeste Bradley and Susan Donovan), both of which I'm looking forward to reading because sometimes you're just in the mood for a good romance novel, you know? And it's been ages since I've let myself do that. I won't be posting reviews of them on this blog, but I'll probably post my thoughts on my Goodreads account if anyone is interested.

Now, for the exciting stuff!

From Galley Grab:
Everything You Need to Survive the Apocalypse by Lucas Klauss
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz
Past Perfect by Leila Sales
Love Story by Jennifer Echols - I just about fainted from excitement when I got this and I'm still not quite over it. It's next on my to-read list and I can't wait!

From NetGalley:
This Girl is Different by JJ Johnson
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
Queens of All the Earth by Hannah Sternberg
Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon


I know, I know, maybe I went a bit overboard. My eyes have always been bigger than my stomach as far as books are concerned. I'm really excited to read all of these though!

What fun things have you gotten recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...