Friday, July 1, 2011

TGIF #3


TGIF is hosted by the awesome Ginger at GReads

This Friday’s Question:
Mr & Mrs: Who are your favorite book couples?

Oh, I have so many. Romance is pretty much my number one requirement for a book, and not just any romance, but a really good one.  A book can be really excellent in every other way, but if the romance doesn’t do it for me, I’m almost guaranteed to not like the book as much. I especially love couples that argue all the time and have lots of conflict, it’s one of my favorite things ever. Although I also appreciate the sweet moments. Especially after fighting. :P Alright, let’s see if I can whittle this list down to a respectable number:

  • Ella & Char from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine – Char was my first ever book crush, so of course I have to mention these two! This is absolutely one of my favorite books and I pretty much have it memorized I’ve read it so many times. The friendship that grows between Char and Ella is so sweet. I love that he gives her a centaur, I love that they slide down stair rails together, I love that he comes to her rescue and then finds that she was doing just fine on her own, I LOVE their letters back and forth, I love the stories she makes up for him, I love their “Are you old enough to get married?” game, I love their dances at the balls, I love EVERY LITTLE THING about them and about this book.
  • Suze & Jesse from the Mediator series by Meg Cabot – She helps ghosts move on to their next life, he’s the hot ghost living in her new bedroom in California. It could never work, and yet… (For those of you have read this, I dare you to tell me you didn’t melt every time Jesse said ‘Querida.’ Swoon.)
  • Alec & Magnus from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – Clary and Jace are obviously wonderful and I do love them, but I have a soft spot for Alec and Magnus (or Malec, as they are affectionately known). I especially love Alec’s insecurities over Magnus’ past relationships, it’s so endearing. I mean come on, Magnus has been dating for like 800 years, I’d be a little insecure too! I’m really eager to see what Cassie does with the issue of Magnus’ immortality and its implications for their future.
  • Daine & Numair from the Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce – These were my first books by Tammy and remain my favorites. As a kid I was so jealous of Daine’s ability to communicate with animals, to me that seemed like the coolest thing ever. And of course as I got a little older I was jealous of her hot older mentor and the relationship that eventually developed between them. My copy of The Realms of the Gods still naturally falls open to the page when they first kiss. :P
  • Katsa & Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore – These two are HOT. Talk about fighting in a relationship, Katsa and Po’s sparring matches were awesome. I love how she futilely tries to fight her feelings for him, I love the heat when she finally gives in, and I cannot wait until Bitterblue comes out so we can catch another glimpse of them and see what they’re up to.
  • Sally & Fred (and Jim & Adelaide) from The Sally Lockhart Trilogy by Philip Pullman – These are the first books I remember crying over, and it was all because of Sally and Fred. Their romance wasn’t incredibly steamy, but it was sweet and real and I loved it. The second book in the trilogy absolutely broke my heart (if you’ve read them you know what I’m talking about). I also adore Jim and Adelaide, and I love that we get to see the evolution of their relationship through the eyes of someone else. Also Jim is just one of my favorite characters ever, hands down.
  • Anna & St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Okay, everyone and their mother has been gushing about this book, and that’s because it is SO GOOD. I absolutely adore the progression of Anna and St. Clair’s relationship. I love that even though she’s kind of crushing on him from the very start, they end up becoming best friends and that takes precedence over everything else. The fact that they finally do get together is just the icing on the cake. (And of course I love the fights they have, especially the one on her birthday. :P)
  • Lori & Adam from Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols – Ugh, I love these two so so much. I love stories about fake relationships to make someone jealous that eventually become real, I love stories about friends who have known each other forever and slowly fall in love, and I love stories about girls who have grown up surrounded by boys and suddenly want to be seen as more than just one of the guys. And this book is perfect because it combines all of those things wonderfully. Plus there’s wakeboarding, parties, fireworks, graffiti, kissing on a raft in the lake… Okay, I need to reread this now.

Who are some of your favorite book couples?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. What are you trying to do to me?! So much heart-melting, swoony LOVE in this post!! But most embarrassingly, I only really recognise two of these couples. Katsa and Po/Anna and Etienne - both of whome I ADORE together!! Amazing couples.

    But man, do you realise how eager you have me to read all these other books you mentioned? You have TOTALLY sold me on the romance. My heart is all aflutter <3

    Some others of mine include Rose and Dimitri from VA (they make a badass duo), London and Luke from Forgotten (SO SWEET!!!), Gabi and Marcello from Waterfall (it was so well developed), ooh and Tris and Four from Divergent. Okay, I'll stop now. Too much love. The things you do to my heart, Andie... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...