Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Hops #6

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison Can Read.

Today’s Question: Go count the number of unread books sitting on your shelf. How many?

Um. Is this a real question? Hahahahaha. I have NO IDEA. A LOT. Like, a lot a lot. I can’t even give you a number. Hundreds, probably. Between the books I own but haven’t read and the books I’ve checked out from the library… it’s just a lot. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach when it comes to books, and I’m clearly unrealistic about the amount of time I think I’m going to have to read. SIGH.


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!

Reading Resolutions: What are some of your reading goals for the new year?

I don’t like making too many goals for myself, but I do hope to read at least 100 books this year. I’ve also signed up to participate in the 2012 Debut Author Challenge and the 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge (read more about those here).

Other than that, I’m just hoping to have fun reading. Sometimes I start to feel like it’s a chore, when I have reading schedules and review schedules and I’m just trying to read as fast as I can so I can check it off my list and get onto the next book. That’s NOT what I want reading (or blogging) to be like for me, so I’m going to try to keep it stress-free this year. :)


Happy Friday, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Your post is my life in a nutshell. I couldn't agree with you more. I am developing my own backlist because I wish I had more time to read!!

    Kristin from GrowingUpya.blogspot.com - New follower thanks to FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had to go count my books... 224!!! *death*

    new follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach too. I can never have enough books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Its funny that you can't even count them. Its just a sign that we are all book hoarders and we all love books so much they have to be all around us. =]
    Old Follower. Thanks for visiting my Follow Friday. =]
    -Michael
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make so many goals for myself! It's a bad habit of mine haha. I hope that you complete yours and manage to relax and enjoy reading and blogging without making seem too much like a stressful job!

    -Kate
    My TGIF: Nomalicious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hhaha, well you can never have too many books, right?! ;D

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am genuinely saddened at the idea that there will never be enough time to read all I want to - but that doesn't stop us from trying, right? :)

    New follower via TGIF!
    http://ashleylovesbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can get very stressy! Trying to keep up with the reading pile. That is an amazing goal that I might need to adopt myself.

    On another note read your bio. Nerdfighter! Instalove! New follower. DFTBA

    Rie @ Mission To Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's the problem the sheves keep growing all the time lol.

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good analogy: eyes bigger than stomach! That is definitely me! I am an old follower. Here is my FF: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, when you have too much to count you know that's a lot!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, 100 books to read this year? I'll be lucky if I reach half of that! Lol!

    New follower! Here's my TGIF post:
    http://www.lifebetweenpages.net/2012/01/tgif-1.html

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have lots of books waiting for me too.
    I blame it mostly on kindle and online payment, LOL :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always want reading to be fun for me - so it seems fitting that I'm going to take a mini-break from all the reviewing and just read stuff I wanted to read.

    You can check out my TGIF post here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you. I like reading to be enjoyable and stress free. Too many challenges makes reading a chore for me and then I'm not happy. You have a lot of books to read. That's so happy! I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend!

    Aimee
    http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand the whole, my eyes are bigger than the actually books I read thing. Thanks for stopping by and following! New follower here also. [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah I agree with you!!!! I'm like oh yeah I'll definitely read that in time and it ends up collecting dust a month later:P

    Great post, new follower:D

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know. Reading can feel like a chore, if you feel rushed.

    New follower

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...