Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #31

“Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release (or releases) that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My picks this week:

Reunited
By: Hilary Weisman Graham
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: June 12, 2012

Description:

1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.

Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.

Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.

But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?

Why I’m Waiting: I am a huge concert addict and I love road trips, so this book sounds perfect. I also love friendship stories, especially when it is THIS EXACT SITUATION. Ex-best friends forced to be in the same place for an extended period of time and work through everything. Bring it on.



Unbreak My Heart
By: Melissa C. Walker
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release Date: May 22, 2012

Description:

Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life.

Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now.

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart?

Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.

Why I’m Waiting: Spending a summer on a sailboat? Yes please! I would kill to be able to do that. I’ve always loved sailing and being on the water, and combine it with a love story and I am SO THERE. I also love the fact that the story is told in alternating chapters between the past and present. I can’t wait for this one!


What books are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in 'Unbreak My Heart' It doesn't seem like the book for me though. So I can't wait to check that out! :) Here's mine: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbreak My Heart sounds very good. I like the cover a lot. It's gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing it!! Great pick!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome picks this week! Hoping you get your hands on them and love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbreak my heart sounds really good! Great pick!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. great picks! i can't wait to read both. The concepts of both are such awesome reads! Added them both to my TBR :D

    - juhina
    Here is our WOW pick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Unbreak My Heart looks awesome! looking foward on reading this book ;)

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't normally read books like "Reunited" but it sounds so good I just might have to try it :) Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. These books both sound like really good reads. Great picks! I really like the cover of the second book, too. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of these, hope you enjoy them once they are out!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2000 miles in the car with ex friends? That will be drama crazy! Unbreak My Heart is new to me but sounds amazing. Especially changing perspectives between when her heart broke and when she meets James and it heals. WOW That should be intense!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like wonderful reads! I'll have to add them to my wishlist. Great picks!

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah Unbreak My Heart sounds so great. Even though I don't always love contemporaries, I'm trying hard to read more of them in 2012. I just put it on my TBR. And man, it kinda hits close to home for me so I will probably cry through part of it.

    Also that first book reminds me a tiny bit of The Disenchantments, which I read in one sitting yesterday. Not the same storyline, but some similiarities.

    Nice choices. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the idea of the first one too! I've been seeing the second one around a lot, so I may have to check that one out. :)

    Here's my WoW: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-16-unquiet.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both these books look cool, and I like the concept of the first one, three best friends getting back together for a band reunion.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great choices,enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choice!! I am also looking forward to this one!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-26-my-life-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! Both sound really good. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww the first book has such a relatable plot. So many people can relate to the fact that they lose touch with their friends..And the second book Unbreak My Heart is such a beautiful cover. I love it!

    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both look great! Adding them to my already HUGE to be read list:) Have a great weekend! Shari
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-142012-chosen-ones.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...