Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #32

“Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release (or releases) that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My picks this week:




Vessel
By: Sarah Beth Durst
Publisher: Margaret K McElderry Books
Release Date: September 11, 2012

Description:

In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so that her clan’s goddess can inhabit her body… but her goddess never comes.


Why I’m Waiting: Um, WOAH. This sounds amazing. Flying serpents made of glass? Wolves made of sand? And just look at that cover! SO gorgeous.







From What I Remember (cover not final)
By: Stacy Kramer & Valerie Thomas
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: May 15, 2012

Description:

KYLIE:
Tijuana WHAT? I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY! And is this a wedding band on my finger??

MAX:
It all started with Kylie’s laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics. Okay, it was kind of hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we’re stranded in Tijuana. With less than twenty-four hours before graduation. Awesome.

WILL:
Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring their passports across the border – but there’s no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started.

LILY:
I just walked in on my boyfriend, Max Langston, canoodling with Kylie Flores, freak of the century. Still, I can’t completely hold it against him. He NEEDS me. It’s even clearer now. And I’m not giving him up without a fight.

Why I’m Waiting: I really like stories that are told from multiple points of view, and this one sounds like it could be crazy fun. I can’t wait to see what shenanigans these four manage to get up to.


What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, Vessel sounds good! I loved Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst. Hope this one is good too!

    Here's my WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From What I Remember looks awesome! I also love multiple perspectives! Some don't but I love really understanding every character and seeing the events from different POVs. Vessel sounds really unique too.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I remember sounds AWESOME!! It sounds and looks sooooooooo crazy!!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Haven't heard of these, but hope you love them once they release!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both book sounds great, but I have to say that I prefer the first one, mostly because of the cover. Great picks!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. All four POvs sound good.

    My WOW

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting on the Durst book as well - I adored Drink, Slay, Love.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vessel sounds really amazing and I love the cover. From What I Remember sounds hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-6-devotion.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vessel looks awesome. Great picks. Really interesting. Vessel is going on my wishlist.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah Beth rocked my world with Drink, Slay, Love, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with a fantasy story!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vessel sounds pretty good! I like the cover! It sounds amazing! I like it! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vessel looks fantastic! It sounds so original - definitely on my TBR list now too, thanks for posting it!

    Ashley
    Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...