Monday, January 7, 2008

Book Review: EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A GIRL I LEARNED FROM JUDY BLUME edited by Jennifer O'Connell


Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned From Judy Blume edited by Jennifer O'Connell

5 Stars (Gold Star Award) on http://teensreadtoo.com/


Judy Blume is one of the most beloved and well-known authors of our time. She has written countless stories for pre-teens, teens, and adults alike, and millions of readers have been charmed by her lovable characters and easy-to-relate-to storylines.

In EVERYTHING I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A GIRL I LEARNED FROM JUDY BLUME, twenty-four of the most popular female authors today, including Megan McCafferty, Jennifer O’Connell, Megan Crane, Cara Lockwood, and Meg Cabot, contribute essays relating their own experiences with Judy Blume.

Covering everything from their own "Judy Blume moments" to hiding under the covers with FOREVER..., these stories are intensely personal recollections that offer an insight into the influence that Judy Blume’s works have had on everyone who reads them.

As a Judy Blume fan myself, I really loved reading this book, and it brought to mind my own memories of reading her novels. Whether you just want to know more about some of your favorite authors today, or, like me, you grew up with Blume and her characters, this book is well worth reading and you definitely don’t want to miss it.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...