Monday, January 21, 2008

Book Review: WILDLY ROMANTIC by Catherine M. Andronik

Wildly Romantic: The English Romantic Poets: The Mad, the Bad, and the Dangerous by Catherine M. Andronik
Written for The In Group

Wildly Romantic is a fascinating look at the lives of the Romantic poets Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, William Wordsworth, and John Keats. These young rebels pushed the boundaries of their times, risking everything to express themselves through their poetry. I really enjoyed this book, because I have always loved the Romantic poems and it was wonderful to read about what was going on in the lives of the brilliant people who wrote them. I would recommend this book to anyone, however, not just poetry buffs. It may be classified as a non-fiction book about the Romantic poets, it reads more like a fascinating novel, and with the many poems scattered throughout the book, it is sure to keep anyone's interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...